The Ranger bow build
Crows Head was commissioned to design and build bows for an upcoming film project: The Rangers
Step One: Come up with an idea
- This was the hardest step. Sure there are examples of ranger bows, but I wanted to capture something different and relate to the film concepts and background.
- The Ranger film had a cool logo/artwork already designed and I wanted to incorporate that into the bow design somehow.
Step Two: Concept Drawing
- I have never been accused of being a great artist, and my concept drawing is no different.
- I wanted to show the leather wraps and artwork ideas
Step Three: Mockup
- This was the easiest part – just build the bow
- I took pictures along the way
- The pictures tell the story
- 64″ Hickory Longbow
- Pictures of bow prior to wraps and artwork
- Pictures with wraps and artwork – approved by The Ranger crew
- This has been a great project so far and there will be more bows to come for this film in upcoming posts.