Inspired by the Samurai warrior archers of Japan. Our Yumi bow is crafted from Bamboo and hickory in the original design and scaled to 72". Kyūdō is based on kyūjutsu ("art of archery"), which originated with the samurai class of feudal Japan. Traditionally the Yumi bow would have been shot off the hand (uni-grip) as pictured, but we can add an arrow rest to the bow if your prefer.
This bow is built in house under our Grayvn Traditional Bow brand.
The bow and arrow have a long history in Japan. The samurai were mounted warriors whose primary weapon was the Yumi bow. The legendary skill of the mounted samurai archery was due to hours of practice in which archery became a skill, an art, and a form of religious practice.
There are many legends of the great feats of the samurai archers...NOW YOU can become part of the legend!
- Bow Instructions
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Length -Approx 72" tip to tip
- Bow Wood - Hickory
- Backing - Bamboo
- Bow Type - Yumi
- Stain - None
- Artwork - Black
- Handle - Tan waxed cotton cord and leather
- Origin - Built in the USA
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR ARROW REST
- If you pull the string with your RIGHT hand you need a RIGHT hand arrow rest
- If you pull the string with your LEFT hand you need a LEFT hand arrow rest
- Uni-Grip means you can shoot off either side of the bow off your hand
HELP FINDING YOUR DRAW LENGTH
- Take your height in inches and divide by 2.5 and round down to the next draw length
- Example: 6' Tall = 72"/2.5 = 28.8" Draw Length or 28.5"
DRAW WEIGHT SELECTION CHART
- All our draw weights are at 28"
- Use the chart below to pick the right draw weight for you
- Your draw weight is 45@27 - Then you want a 45-50@28
- Your Draw weight is 55@29 - Then you want a 50-55@28